To help you avoid using companies that use animal-derived ingredients we have created the ultimate list of organic makeup brands and organic skin care companies. This list has been compiled based on our research of organic brand websites, contacting brands, and 3rd party organic brand certification resources. We update this list frequently, so if you see any organic makeup brands we have missed please let us know in the comments below.
Organic Makeup Brands and Skin Care Directory
We have organized this list or organic skin care brands and makeup companies in alphabetical order for ease of reference. Scroll through the list to browse, or simply click on a letter to jump to that section
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | #
- DR. BRONNER’S
- DR. MERCOLA HEALTHY SKIN
- EARTH TO FACE
- EIR NYC
- EO PRODUCTS
- EMINENCE ORGANICS
- ESTELLE & THILD
- HAPPY SKINCARE
- HERBIVORE BOTANICALS
- HONEY GIRL ORGANICS
- INDIAN MEADOW HERBALS
- INTELLIGENT NUTRIENTS
- LA MAV
- LIKE ORGANIC SKIN CARE
- MADARA ORGANIC SKIN CARE
- MADE SIMPLE
- MUKTI ORGANICS
- MV ORGANIC SKIN CARE
- NEAL’S YARD REMEDIES
- NOURISH ORGANICS
- ONE LOVE ORGANICS
- PANGEA ORGANICS
- PURO3 OZONATED OILS
- SANRE ORGANIC SKINFOOD
- SKY ORGANICS
- SOAPWALLA KITCHEN
- SW BASICS
- TERRESSENTIALS ORGANIC
- TRILLIUM ORGANICS
- TRUE BOTANICALS
- W3LL PEOPLE
- ZOE ORGANICS
Why is it important to support Organic makeup brands and Organic skin care brands?
As shoppers we hold the power! If we decide as a group to only support organic makeup brands and skin care companies the brands that test on animals will eventually change their testing practices or go out of business!
Many of these organic skin care brands on this list are certified by either USDA Organic, Ecocert COSMOS ORGANIC or Organic Trade Association as 100% organic cosmetics.
How to Make Sure You Are Always Buying Organic Makeup Brands that are Cruelty Free
- Think before you shop – make it part of your regular shopping process to always ask does this brand test on animals?
- Read their animal testing policy – if they don’t have one run! Also watch out for backdoor clauses like “unless required by law”. What this really means is they test on animals because they sell in countries requiring animal testing.
- Review ingredients – watch out for common animal-derived ingredients. It’s often hard to tell if a synthetic or animal-derived ingredient is used from the labels – so always inquire.
- Look for organic labelling – you want to see a brand label organic cosmetics as organic.
- Check organic certification lists – avoid brands that test on animals and look for organic certification from either USDA Organic, EcoCert Cosmos Organic, or the Organic Trade Organization.
- Look for certified organic logos – if you also want to keep your entire beauty regime animal friendly look for organic and vegan logos. For vegan brands check out any of these 219 vegan skin care and makeup brands.
The benefits of supporting Organic Makeup brands
- No harm to animals – there is no reason animals need to suffer through horrific testing our slaughter for the sake of makeup and beauty ingredients.
- It generates more product selection – the fastest growing segment of the cosmetics industry is vegan and organic skin care. Big cosmetic companies realize this and are acquiring and creating more vegan and organic skin care brands.
- You’ll feel better – do you really want to use a product you know kills animals for its ingredients?
- It’s yucky! Who wants dead animal slime on their skin?
- It’s clean – your skin will thank you – no more harsh chemicals!
- It’s the right thing to do – hopefully in the near future all cosmetics will be organic, vegan, cruelty free and we can end barbaric testing practices, regulations and dangerous chemicals forever.