To help you avoid using harsh chemical formulations or animal-derived ingredients we have created the ultimate list of natural makeup brands and natural skin care brands. This list has been compiled based on our research of natural brand websites, contacting brands, and 3rd party natural certification organizations. We update this list frequently, so if you see a brand we have missed please let us know in the comments below.
Natural Makeup Brands and Skin Care Directory
We have organized this list of organic skin care brands and makeup companies in alphabetical order for ease of reference. Scroll through the list to browse, or simply click on a letter to jump to that section
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | #
- AFTERGLOW COSMETICS
- CELTIC COMPLEXION
- CRAZY RUMORS
- DR. ALKAITIS
- DR. HAUSCHKA
- HONEST BEAUTY
- HYNT BEAUTY
- JANE IREDALE
- JILLIAN DEMPSEY
- JOHN MASTERS ORGANICS
- JOSH ROSEBOOK SKIN AND HAIR CARE
- JOSIE MARAN
- LA BELLA FIGURA
- LAURA WHOLE PLANT
- LILAH B.
- LILY LOLO
- LIPPY GIRL
- LISA NOTO
- LITTLE BARN APOTHECARY
- MAYA CHIA
- MAY LINDSTROM
- MILK MAKEUP
- NOTO BOTANICALS
- ORGANIC PHARMACY
- PAI SKIN CARE
- PLAIN JANE BEAUTY
- PHB ETHICAL BEAUTY
- P/Y/T BEAUTY
- REAL PURITY
- RITUAL DE FILLE
- URSA MAJOR
- VINTNER’S DAUGHTER
- WESTMAN ATELIER
- ZUII ORGANIC
Why is it important to support Natural makeup brands and Natural skin care brands?
As shoppers we hold the power! If we decide as a group to only support natural makeup brands and natural skin care companies the brands that test on animals will eventually change their testing practices or go out of business!
Many of these natural skin care brands on this list are also certified by either USDA Organic, Ecocert COSMOS ORGANIC or The International Natural and Organic Cosmetics Association as natural cosmetics.
How to Make Sure You Are Always Buying Natural Makeup Brands that are Cruelty Free
- Think before you shop – make it part of your regular shopping process to always ask does this brand test on animals?
- Read their animal testing policy – if they don’t have one run! Also watch out for backdoor clauses like “unless required by law”. What this really means is they test on animals because they sell in countries requiring animal testing.
- Review ingredients – watch out for common animal-derived ingredients. It’s often hard to tell if a synthetic or animal-derived ingredient is used from the labels – so always inquire.
- Look for natural labelling – you want to see a brand label natural cosmetics as natural.
- Check natural certification lists – avoid brands that test on animals and look for organic certification from either EcoCert Cosmos Organic, or The International Natural and Organic Cosmetics Association.
- Look for certified natural logos – if you also want to keep your entire beauty regime animal friendly look for organic and vegan logos. For vegan brands check out any of these 219 vegan skin care and makeup brands.
The benefits of supporting Natural Makeup brands
- No harm to animals – there is no reason animals need to suffer through horrific testing our slaughter for the sake of makeup and beauty ingredients.
- It generates more product selection – the fastest growing segment of the cosmetics industry is vegan, organic and natural skin care. Big cosmetic companies realize this and are acquiring and creating more natural skin care brands.
- You’ll feel better – do you really want to use a product you know kills animals for its ingredients?
- It’s yucky! Who wants dead animal slime on their skin?
- It’s clean – your skin will thank you – no more harsh chemicals!
- It’s the right thing to do – hopefully in the near future all cosmetics will be natural, organic, vegan, and cruelty free so we can end barbaric testing practices, regulations and dangerous chemicals forever!